Keep checking back to see more events.
The Church evolved from the Congregational Church
Pevensey Road, Eastbourne, in1890, after Polegate Christians had held cottage meetings in Junction Street since 1875.
In 1891, the first Church was built on the present site.
It was made of corrugated iron and timber lined.
It could seat between 50 - 60 people.
The foundation stone of the present Church was laid in 1904.
The corrugated iron building continued in use as school and church hall.
In 1972, the Congregational Church joined with the Presbyterian Church and we became the United Reformed Church, Polegate.
Eventually the iron Church was demolished, kitchen, vestries and toilets were added, and the Church sanctuary extended.
December – January the front of the Church was altered to include a ramp and toilet facilities for the disabled.
The Church members decided a change of name was needed.
The Southern Synod agreed to this so in 2011
The United Reformed Church Polegate was renamed
“The Polegate Free Church”.